3M Bair Hugger Model 775
Temperature Management Unit, Patient Warmer
Routine Maintenance[edit | edit source]
- Clean air filter: remove any dust with high pressured compressed air or vacuum. 3M recommends to replace the filter every 500 hours or every 12 months.
- Calibrate if necessary: set the unit to 43°C and wait for the temperature to become steady, compare to a trusted temperature meter.
- Test overtemp alarm: Hold "Bair Hugger logo" and "43°C" buttons. Two beeps indicate the test has completed. The alarm should stop the unit before it hits 56°C
How to Calibrate Operating Temperature[edit | edit source]
3M offers a testing "apparatus" for most accurate readings. It is comprised of a resistance based temperature probe held inside a plastic cylinder with a metal air diffusing filter to even out air flow to the temperature probe. You can purchase from 3M or other seller - CATALOG NUMBER: 22110
- Measure air temperature coming out of the hose with a trusted temperature meter
- Press and hold "Bair Hugger logo" and "Ambient" buttons until "OS" appears. This is your temperature offset.
- Wait for the unit to get to a steady temp, then use the 32°C and 38°C buttons to lower and raise the displayed temperature.
- Lastly, adjust the displayed temperature up or down until it matches what you see on your temperature meter
You can only adjust up to 3° or -3°. If your unit is still not reading close to your trusted reference meter, the hose will need to be replaced.
|Fault Codes||Possible Cause||Solution|
|Faulty hose end sensor at
Faulty elbow sensor.
Hose disconnected from
Replace elbow sensor
|Faulty heater element or faulty control board||• Verify fan runs in ambient.
White to black
White to blue
White to yellow
If "open", replace heater. Otherwise, replace control board.
|FC-050||Defective user interface||Replace user interface|
|EEPROM error||Reset microprocessor
Release the buttons once the "Standby" light remains on
You will need to recalibrate the unit after this resetting the microprocessor.
|Defective control board||Replace control board|