Dell Latitude 3190 2 in 1
(Redirected from 3190 2 in 1)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Dell Latitude 3190 was an improved release of the 3189, with a quad core Pentium processor, produced primarily for K12 applications.
In the coming days I will populate this page with simple fixes to the most common issues I have experienced. This page is a work in progress, started June 14th, 2021.
- Not powering on, or appears to not charge
- (Internal MB cable loose, will add pics)
- Left hinge failure, the brass heatserts break out of the chassis. Preventative measures best, if it gets wiggly then tighten the screws.
- SSD is serviceable
- Wireless NIC failure is not serviceable
- Intel SSDs are notorious for failure
- M.2 is SATA only
- Keyboard model, cheap to replace.
- Audio daughter board separate module, can be replaced if broken
- LCD assembly kit link
- Track pad ribbon cable not seated properly
- How to determine if it is the charger or battery, battery communication in BIOS
- HP chargers will likely not work, must use Dell branded chargers. Use knockoffs at your own peril.
- DC socket insulating barrel will disappear in a 2018 production batch. VERY common. If this happens, the socket can short out and (I presume) damage the charging circuit. Replacing the socket itself will not fix this.
- All parts except the audio daughter board are interchangeable with the 3189. You can still make the daughter board work, though.
Error light codes, common one is 3, 5
|LED FLASH SEQUENCE||FAULT DESCRIPTION||FAULT(S)|
|2,1||CPU||Possible CPU Failure|
|2,2||Motherboard BIOS||Motherboard, Covers BIOS Corruption or ROM Error|
|2,3||Memory||No memory / RAM detected|
|2,4||Memory||Memory / RAM failure|
|2,5||Memory||Invalid Memory Installed|
|2,6||Motherboard Chipset||Motherboard / Chipset Error|
|2,8||LCD||LCD Power Rail Failure|
|3,1||RTC Power Failure||CMOS Battery Failure|
|3,2||PCI / Video||PCI or Video Card / Chip Failure|
|3,3||BIOS Recovery 1||Recovery Image Not Found|
|3,4||BIOS Recovery 2||Recovery Image Found But Invalid|
|3,5||Power Rail Failure||EC ran into power sequencing failure|
|3,6||SBIOS Flash Corruption||Flash corruption detected by SBIOS|
|3,7||ME Error||Timeout waiting on ME to reply to HECI|